Pocket Alterations

I had two pairs of pants that I really liked, but the pockets were not deep enough cause my phone kept falling out when I sit down, so I decided to fix that issue.

Materials2-way stretch knit
Date Complete12/20/22
ProjectIndependently
DesignAlteration

Process

Process:

  • When looking at the pockets, I realized they were serged to the side seam and then serged to close the bottom, so I seam ripped a small amount of the bottom serge connecting to the side seam and then the bottom of the pocket.
  • From there, I used a piece of fabric from my stash that would add two inches to the pocket and added that to the bottom of the existing pocket.
  • Then I serged the bottom and then serged it back to the side seam.

What I would change:

  • I wish I has a similar color fabric that was a 2-way stretch, like the pocket fabric, but the creme color was my best option.